We are looking for a master (all ships &
International dredging and offshore company
You are going to work for an international dredging and offshore company.
What we expect from you
- Certificate of competence (preferably dutch)
- In possession of all required STCW certficitaes
- Designated Security Duties certificate
- Medical certificate
- Seaman's book
About the job function
- Acts as lawful representative of the owner
- Ensure the successful and efficient prosecution of the voyage
- Is overall responsible for the quality, health, safety, environment and security to all on board
- Is overall responsible for the safe navigation, seaworthiness, stability, cargo handling and maintenance of the ship
- Ensure a high standard of leadership, communication and discipline on board
- Ensures proper administration and documentation
- Provide necessary medical attention to all on board
- Takes charge of a navigation watch
- Ensures compliance with the law, company policies and procedures, regulations and instructions.
- Maintains and controls ISM/SMS, MARPOL, MLC and other legislation to make sure the vessel is in compliance with all legisaltion at all times.